Thursday, March 08, 2012

Me, Myself and Marni


For the first time... I set my alarm clock to actually queue for a H&M designer collaboration! Today, the fashion line of the Italian fashion house Marni hit H&M stores worldwide - not to forget the online world. Thanks to other bloggers who posted their experiences of prior designer collaborations and the H&M website I was well prepared for the journey. The aim was to get a wristband with a 10 minutes time slot. When I arrived at the H&M store only four security guards and a lovely H&M employee were standing in front of the store. She explained everything to me and gave me a wristband for 10:10-10:20. "Now you can have a coffee or breakfast and come back 10 minutes before your time slot" she said. Ok, so I went to Starbucks, had a tea and waited. To be sure I was back at 9:45 and waited to get in. 

With 20 other women I entered the Marni area at 10:10. I have to say that the system works quite well and although you are under time pressure, it is not chaotic. Unfortunately, the white flower necklace that I fancied was already sold out BUT I was lucky to get the black collar with sequins which I also wanted to have. In the end I left with two pieces. Mission completed.   
* * * * *
Zum ersten Mal... habe ich mir tatsächlich den Wecker gestellt, um mich bei einer H&M Designer-Kollaboration vorbildlich anzustellen! Heute war die Kollektion des italienischen Modehauses Marni in den H&M Geschäften weltweit erhältlich - nicht zu vergessen unsere Parallelwelt des www. Dank ausführlicher Berichte anderer Blogger von früheren H&M Kollaborationen und der Erklärungen auf der Webseite war ich bestens vorbereitet für diese Erfahrung. Das Ziel war es also, eines der bunten Armbänder zu ergattern, dass einen den Einlass für gute 10 Minuten ermöglicht. Als ich dann vor dem H&M Laden ankam, standen dort vier Sicherheitsmänner und eine sehr nette H&M Angestellte. Sie erklärte mir nochmal alles und gab mir dann das Bändchen mit der Uhrzeit 10:10 bis 10:20. "Jetzt können Sie sich einen Kaffee holen oder etwas Frühstücken gehen und seihen Sie bitte 10 Minuten vor Ihrer Uhrzeit wieder zurück", sagte sie. Gesagt, getan und ab zu Starbucks einen Tee trinken. Abwarten und Tee trinken heißt es doch so schön. Um aber sicher zu gehen war ich um 9:45Uhr zurück und wartete. 

Mit 20 anderen Frauen durfte ich dann um 10:10 in den Marni-Bereich. Ich muss sagen, dass dieses System sehr gut funktioniert auch wenn man zeitlich sehr begrenzt ist, totales Chaos blieb dadurch aber weitestgehend aus. Leider war die weiße Blumenkette schon ausverkauft zu diesem Zeitpunkt ABER ich hatte noch das Glück den schwarzen Kragen mit Pailletten zu erhaschen, auf den ich auch abgesehen hatte. Am Ende verließ ich den Laden mit zwei Sachen. Mission erfolgreich abgeschlossen.

  
  INSPIRATION
Credits: H&M; Drew Barrymore was wearing the necklace at the LA launch party of Marni for H&M


LA LAUNCH EVENT


7 comments:

  1. Verrückt, ich glaub das wär mir zu stressig :-) Aber die Sachen sind sehr schön!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the pieces of the collection!!!
    please take a look to my blog and let me know if you like it!

    www.crzcproject.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an amazing collection! If you want we can follow also with bloglovin, google+, twitter and facebook?

    Come back soon to visit my blog, I'll be waiting for you!!
    Cosa mi metto???
    Enter the Romwe giveaway on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ouuhh:) sieht toll aus!:)
    follow me:
    http://sweet-kisses-lie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. mich enttäuscht die kollektion eher:(

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooh, i like the stuff you got! :)

    h&m really gets crowded and busy whenever they launch collections like that. i'm glad you came prepared!

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/
    Fashion To Figure Giveaway

    ReplyDelete